Prep Documents: These documents will need to be collected prior to your SNAP Enrollment appointment. Please make sure all of the information is accurate and up to date.
- Proof of residence
- Social Security Number for all applicants or proof of having applied for one
- If you work, provide paystubs/other information about earned income
- Information about other/unearned income
- Information about assets
- *Housing costs (rent, mortgage, property taxes)
- *Cost of monthly utility bills
- *Dependent expenses (day care for a child, care for disabled adult)
- *Alimony/child support payments
- *Medical costs for any member 60+ or with a disability
*Deductions: expenses that may make you eligible for more SNAP benefits
Department of Human Services Interview
After you apply for SNAP, you must complete an interview. You can call or wait for your agency to call you for the interview. Your interview will be done by phone, and will take 10–45 minutes. You also can ask to meet in person at your local agency office.
To check your application status, log into the ABE portal here.
For more information, please contact your local Department of Human Services here.
Questions? Reach out to SNAP@foodsmart.com or call 1-855-354-3362.