Prep Documents: These documents will need to be collected prior to your SNAP Enrollment appointment. Please make sure all of the information is accurate and up to date.
- Photo identification
- Social Security Number or proof of having applied for one for each person requesting FoodShare benefits
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- U.S. citizenship or immigration status
- Job information, including employer's name, address, and phone number
- Job income
- Other income (for example, Social Security or Unemployment Compensation)
- Names of people living in your home and how they are related.
- *Housing costs
- *Utility costs
- *Child support payments, if applicable
- *Dependent care expenses - if anyone pays for child or adult care so they can work, look for work, go to school or receive training
- *Medical costs and expenses for any household member who is elderly (60+) or has a disabilities
*Deductions: Expenses that may make you eligible for more SNAP benefits.
Department of Human Services Interview
After you apply for SNAP, you must complete an interview. You can call or wait for your agency to call you for the interview. Your interview will be done by phone, and will take 10–45 minutes. You also can ask to meet in person at your local agency office.
To check your application status, log in to your ACCESS portal here.
For more information please feel free to read this brochure from the Wisconsin Department of Human Services.
For more information, please contact your local Department of Human Services here.
Questions? Reach out to SNAP@foodsmart.com or call 1-855-354-3362.