Prep Documents: The items listed below are the documents you will need to collect prior to your SNAP Enrollment appointment. Please make sure all of the information is accurate and up to date.
- Photo identification
- Social Security Number for all household members applying
- US citizenship or proof of qualified immigrant status
- Information about earned income (i.e. recent pay stubs)
- Information about unearned income (unemployment benefits, pension, SSI, etc)
- Information about resources/assets
- *Housing expenses
- *Utility expenses
- *Dependent care expenses
- *Child support payments
- *Medical costs for a household member who is 60+ or disabled
*Deductions: Expenses that may make you eligible for more SNAP benefits.
For more information, please contact your local Department of Human Services here.
Questions? Reach out to SNAP@foodsmart.com or call 1-855-354-3362.
Department of Human Services Interview
After you apply for SNAP, you must complete an interview. You can call or wait for your agency to call you for the interview. Your interview will be done by phone, and will take 10–45 minutes. You also can ask to meet in person at your local agency office.
To check your application status, log in to your ACCESS portal here.