This article shows you how to join a Zoom meeting without having an account. If someone invites you to their meeting, you can join without creating or signing in to an account.
When you schedule a virtual visit with a Foodsmart Registered Dietitian, you'll be sent a private Zoom meeting link via email or text (depending on your contact preferences) to join your visit. The provided link is good for one-time use and will arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled visit.
Using the provided link to meet within the Zoom mobile app
- Download the Zoom mobile app for Apple iOS or Android.
- Click the meeting invite link you received from the host. You should be redirected into the Zoom app. If you're not automatically redirected into the Zoom app, you'll be redirected to your browser. Select Launch Meeting to be redirected to your virtual visit.
Using the provided link to meet from a web browser
- Click the meeting invite link you received from the host, for example in your email or calendar invitation. On your desktop web browser, a pop-up window will prompt you to open or download the Zoom application.
- In the pop-up window, click Cancel.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Join From your Browser link.
- Note: If you don't see the link to join from the browser, the host may not have it enabled and you will have to join the meeting by opening the Zoom client or downloading it first.
- In the pop-up window at the top-left corner of the screen, click Allow to allow Zoom permission for your microphone and camera.
- In the Your Name field, enter a display name.
- Click Join. You will join the meeting as a guest.
For more information on these steps, please visit the official Zoom support article.