This article shows you how to download the Zoom desktop client for macOS and Windows from the Download Center. Zoom will begin to download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting.
- Downloading Windows desktop client
- Downloading macOS desktop client
Note: We recommend downloading Zoom before your telenutrition visit.
Downloading Windows desktop client
1. In your internet browser, enter https://zoom.us/.
2. At the top right corner of the page, click RESOURCES and then click Download Zoom Client. You can also directly access the Download Center.
3. Under Zoom Client for Meetings, click the Download button. At the bottom left corner of your screen, the Zoom installer (ZoomInstaller.exe) will automatically start downloading the Zoom desktop client. If downloading doesn't start, double-click the Zoom installer to begin the desktop client install.
Note: After the Zoom desktop client installation is complete, a Zoom icon will appear on your desktop.
4. Complete the installation process.
5. Double-click the Zoom desktop icon to begin using Zoom.
Downloading macOS desktop client
The instructions below cover installing the Zoom application on macOS. To install Zoom on your Mac computer, you may need to change your Security & Privacy settings to allow for apps downloaded from identified developers.
Permission to install
1. Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen. Choose System Preferences.
2. Click on Security & Privacy.
3. Click the lock icon at the bottom left corner to be able to make changes.
4. Enter your computer administrator's username and password.
5. Change Allow apps downloaded from: to App Store and identified developers.
Note: For macOS High Sierra (10.13.x), you'll need to click on Allow too.
7. Click the lock icon again to prevent any further changes.
Installing the Zoom application
1. Visit the Zoom Download Center.
2. Under Zoom Client for Meetings, click Download.
3. Double-click the downloaded file. It's typically saved to your Downloads folder.
4. Once the installer opens, click Continue.
5. Choose the destination for installation.
6. Click Continue.
7. Click Install.
Note: You may need to enter the administrator credentials for this device.
8. Once the installation is complete, click Close.
Note: Due to increased security and permissions with macOS 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina, you'll be prompted to authorize the Zoom desktop client to use the microphone, camera, and on macOS 10.15 Catalina, screen recording. The permissions are set within System Preferences of the device.
For more information on these steps, please visit the official Zoom support article.
Need more help? Please email