Prep Documents:The items listed below are the documents you will need to be collected prior to your SNAP Enrollment appointment. Please make sure all of the information is accurate and up to date.
- Social Security Numbers for all members applying or proof of having applied for SSN
- If not US citizen, provide document verification of legal immigration status
- Information about earned income
- Information about other/unearned income
- Information about assets/resources
- *Housing expenses
- *Utility expenses
- *Dependent care costs
- *Medical costs for those who are 60+ or disabled
- *Child support payments
*Deductions: Expenses that may make you eligible for more SNAP benefits.
For more information, please contact your local Department of Human Services office here.
Questions? Reach out to SNAP@foodsmart.comor call 1-855-354-3362
Department of Human Services Interview
After you apply for SNAP, you must complete an interview. You can call or wait for your agency to call you for the interview. Your interview will be done by phone, and will take 10–45 minutes. You also can ask to meet in person at your local agency office.
To check your application status, log in to your ACCESS portal here.